Lanzheronovskaya Street 24а | +38(048)722-48-67
Museum «Stepova Ukraine» is a branch of Odessa historical Museum. Situated a short distance from the main exhibition (Gavannaya str., 4) on the Lanzheronovskaya str., 24. Museum was established in 1925, but after the completion of the policy of ‘ukrainization’ in the 1931 it was closed. The exposition was opened again to the public only in the 2006. Today the exhibition tells us about the General history of the South of Ukraine, the emergence and development of Odessa, about historical figures who have contributed to the development of the Odessa region.
THE MUSEUM OF HISTORY & DEVELOPMENT OF THE UKRAINIAN COSSACKS
Chernomorskogo Kozachestva Street 9 | +38(048)237-88-30
The display area of the museum makes 120 sq.m. The exposition with dioramas, models of the Cossack courts, sculptures, pictures, a collection of the Cossack suits is constantly presented.
In a museum research work is conducted on the study of history of settlements of Odessa area; there is collection of exhibits and documentary materials on history of edge, cultural traditions of Cossacks are studied, the standards of verbal folk work, ceremonies, songs, are written down; the historical reconstructions of Cossack ceremonies (wedding, wires to army, Cossack games), holidays (Trinity, Cover, Andrey, Christmas, an evening, Shrovetide, is Saint) are conducted. All these measures create an unique atmosphere and original spirit of Cossack edge.
JEWISH HISTORY MUSEUM OF ODESSA “MIGDAL SHORASHIM”
Nezhinskaya Street 66 | +38(048)728-97-43
Jewish history Museum of Odessa was opened in November 2002 on the street Nezhinsky 66 by Jewish community center “Migdal”.
Every year the Museum receives thousands of visitors, conducted hundreds of tours. The Museum plays a certain coordinating role in studying of Jewish history, actively cooperates with schools, in which students regularly visit this Museum.
Most of the exhibits of the Museum are gifts. Among the donors – many famous cultural figures, representatives of Jewish organizations, just local people, including those who keep loving their city, now living in the United States and Israel, Australia and Germany, in other countries.
“FILIKI ETERIJA” MUSEUM OF THE HELLENIC FOUNDATION FOR CULTURE
Krasnyj Lane 18-20 | +38(048)235-71-36
In September 1994 was ceremonially opened Odessa branch of the Hellenic Foundation for culture. In the past, these buildings belonged to the Greeks, and it was here in 1814, here was created the secret revolutionary patriotic organization “Philiki”, which prepared the Greeks to fight for independence and forever linked the history of Odessa with the history of the nation-revival Greece.
The Museum was founded by the Greek Culture Foundation in cooperation with the Odessa historical and local history museum, which has provided a number of exhibits from the history of “Philiki” complemented with exact copies of artifacts from museums in Greece, particularly of the ethnological and historical societies of Greece.